rip it, rip it...

Being home is amazing. Yesterday I finally got to spend the day just laying in the garden reading all day long. 150 pages and I am not a fast reader. Today I plan to do the same and tonight we are going to an outdoors concert.  Ahh, those long lazy summer days.
But all is not play. I am working on a new pattern. For now I'm working with leftovers, it is less than optimal, but it is also a fun challenge. Maybe someday I'll be able to go out and buy the yarn I want for a project I have in mind, but right now I can't.
Instead I find something that is speaking to me. It sounds silly, I know, but when I see it and touch it, I get this feeling that it wants to be something. While holding it in my hands I try to figure out what it wants to be. I have to think about how much I have, if I have something else that would go with it etc.
Then I pick up needles. This is when the frogging party is about to begin. Sometimes it feels like I'm frogging more than I'm actually knitting. The thing I'm working on right now has already been frogged twice. Then it was put away for a day and today I will pick it up and frog some of it again. I don't mind the frogging too much. I learn something from it every time, but sometimes I need a few days between working on it.
I write down what I do as I go, and every time I'm happy with a section I write it on the computer. The project I'm currently working on is a new challenge as I'm planning to offer more than one size.
It is interesting to see where my mind leads me, from casting on to casting off. But what I really like is that there isn't a deadline, which I have to meet. I don't have to work on it if I don't feel like it, ensuring that the projects stay labours of love and not of need or guilt.
It is very exciting to have finally taken the jump and started this micro business and the download numbers for my 2 free patterns have taken me by surprise. So if you are one of those hundreds of people who have downloaded one of them, I thank you.
I can't wait to see where this will go in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment