Socks on demand

Every now and then talk centeres around people, who are knit worthy. To be worthy of knitting, you have to (in my opinion) hit a fine balance between being incredible glad and thankful for the work, which is poured into the knitted object, without being afraid to use said object.
My dad strikes that balance very well. So well indeed, that he only wears hand knitted socks and my mu never knits socks. But who doesn't want to spoil their daddy? So last year he recieved 4 hand knit socks from my hands, and this year I'm at it again.
The starting point is Madder Ribbed Socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. Last year a new toe was fashioned, that fit my dad better and this year the leg has to be longer. Luckily there is no deadline for the four pairs of socks, except for 'some time this year'.
These socks are the perfect commute-knitting, because they take up so little room. I know from experience, that it takes me a week to knit a pair of these, if I'm not working on anything else, but I'm in no hurry to get done. 



And please, not a word about how my own socks are falling apart. That's for another time.


No comments:

Post a Comment