WIP overload!

If I was on facebook I would probably have a status saying WIP overload at the moment.
I am a fairly monogamous knitter and do not thrive above a set amount of projects on the needles. By fairly, I mean that I like to have two projects going, I do however mostly knit on one at the time. I can work on a project for months, then put it down and work monogamously on something else for a while, then return to the original project. This way I have an option, but not so many choices that I don't see any real progress because I knit one row her and one row there all the time.

Currently, I have 4 projects on the needles of which one is designed by me and one design project that just needs the finishing touches before it can be released.

Not surpricingly I'm knitting socks for my dad. I'm on the final pair of the year and hopefully you will not hear about those after Pentecost. I have turned the heel on the first sock, so I'm 25% done with the pair.

Secondly, I'm working on that design I told you about. I had to frog the bulk of it and I finally finished the last of the pre-knitted yarn. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Thirdly, we have the John 6:12 baby blanket. I was fine with it being dormant as long as I didn't have any sock yarn in the flat. Now I do (see the first project) and after I did the math and know how little I have left I just want it done. However as long as I'm not done with the socks for my dad this project is still dormant, it is just snoring so loud!

Finally we have the insouciant . Ahh the tee that was supposed to be smooth sailing, plenty of stockinet knit in the round. That was until I decided to supstitute yarn, which lead to the change of gauge from 19 sts to 26, which lead to a whole lot of math, which lead to a lot of insecurity, which lead to frustration, which lead me to not touch it for a long time.  This is what friendly ravelers and my mum is for. Together we re-calculated, measured and figured it out. I am now fairly confident that it will turn out good.

Now remember how I said 4 things on the needles and a design that needed finishing touches? Well, I almost have a fifth thing on the needles. I'm swatching for a Bulgarian skirt. Yes, I want to knit a skirt in ribbing, on 2,5mm needles with a gauge of 30sts. No, I am not insane. I have however decided to focus on one thing at the time and just go with the flow.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the club of WIP overload. I have my WIP basket that i need to empty out and just finish my design that I'm working on in it and then when it is done get another out and finish it and then so on and so on. I also have books that I need to finish to review on my blog, plants that need to go out in my garden, rooms to simplify and organize. BLAH!!! Baby steps right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as there are no obligations in this club ; )
      Baby steps for sure. I might be able to finish the first sock of the pair today or tomorrow!

      Delete